Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A Fine Frenzy

melinda dahl photography


I recently stumbled upon a relatively new band from L.A. on Twitter. And I'll be honest... the main reason I checked out this band was because the singer, Alison Sudol, has some fiery red hair and is not exactly hard on the eyes. It must be because I'm part Scottish, but I am a complete sucker for redheads. Especially redheads that can sing. So of course through the years I have had musical affairs with the likes of Shirley Manson, Tori Amos and most recently, Civet.


A FIne Frenzy's debut album, One Cell In The Sea, is primarily piano driven and features outstanding tracks like "Come On, Come Out," "The Minnow & The Trout," and "You Picked Me." However, 15 songs of midtempo piano songs wears a little thin after a half hour or so.


Their upcoming release, A Bomb In A Birdcage, is supposed to be more guitar based and uptempo, which sounds a lot more promising. By the sounds of the first single, "Blow Away," it should be a pretty cool album.


Blow Away



http://www.myspace.com/afinefrenzy



...submitted by JJ


No comments:

Post a Comment